Monday, April 6, 2009

Getting ready for ALBUQUERQUE!!



Okay, this isn't a picture of our last trip to Albuquerque, it is a pic of us in Makoshika State park in Montana. This is an awesome park right outside my hometown of Glendive. I was just looking for a good pic of Tony and me having fun on a trip. This was taken in July of '08.

We leave for Alb. Wed. afternoon so I don't know how much blogging time I will get in before then. I told Deb I would bring her cookies for her reception for the RCIA folks and bread sticks for Easter dinner so I have a lot to do. Plus I want to try out my new iron on the curtains I am hanging in the guest bedroom.

We had everyone over for early Easter on Sat. Tony made pork tenderloins on the grill and I made lots of veggies and red potatoes, rice and broccoli, rolls and deviled eggs. Amy and Jake came on Friday so we had a little visiting time and Scott was here too all week. We had Tony's mother as well as my girlfriend Patty, so we had fun.

Derek did drop in for eating with all of us on Sat. but left to go off to a band trip to Dayton Ohio. He seems to be doing better, only drank that one night that he was here...and got kicked out the next morning. He is really suffering not having a place to call his own but that is what he needs and I don't feel sorry for him one bit. He showered here on Friday after his landscaping job and left a pair of pants to be washed but that is the only thing he has done here since he left. He has both the landscaping job and the BoomBozz pizza job still and seems to be doing great at both. He is making lots of money on tips delivering pizza, averaging $70 a night. He brought Tony his phone bill money on Sat. and that was nice. So he should have enough to get a place soon, the van has to be really uncomfortable and cold sleeping in that all night.

I have the guest room all back to the way it was only better. I'll hang the curtains from the old house in Bellevue today, they are so cute, a light green plaid with a cream color in cotton, tab curtains, I love them. They will go with the floral spread nicely.

Tony has a cold and he is trying hard to give it to me!! Gotta love those husbands, if they have a cold does it occur to them NOT TO KISS you on the lips??? HECK NO!! lol! I love him to death and can't deny him a kiss that is for sure, waited Waaaay to long for a good hubby.

I want to tell you all thank you so much for your unfailing support through these times with Derek. It means more to me than I can say! If I don't get with all of you before we leave I hope you all have a great Easter week and a blessed Easter Sunday.

Big hugs,

Di

4 comments:

  1. Stay strong in your resolve with Derek—one day he'll thank you for it.

    Have a wonderful trip to Albuquerque. We'll miss you, but look forward to more stories and photos when you return. Happy Easter! Huge hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip to Albuquerque. Are you driving of flying? I know you'll have a wonderful time with all your family. Stay stong in you resolve with Derek. I'm sure it's hard but that's what he needs now. Hope there is no way he can stay at you house while your gone. I will keep him in my prayers and pray you have a safe trip too. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to be able to go To Albuquerque and enjoy family. We will miss you. Hope Derek stays strong. Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wished you guys traveled more. You're always home. You never do anything but watch TV and watch each other grow old. I bet you even smell moldy since you never do anything or go anywhere. (giggles and saunters off for a cuppa coffee)

    PS: Have a super fun trip!

    ReplyDelete