Friday, January 9, 2009

TGIF!!!




Amy sent me this pic of Jake last night by text message after his bath, how cute is this??? He really loves his bath time.

I am very happy it is Friday, I have had lots to do this week but I have really missed Tony with him being back at work. I got super spoiled with him being on vacation for the last 2 weeks. I have a lunch date with him today at noon, he wants us to make this a Friday thing. Sounds good to me, just as long as I don't get lost getting there again.

They built this city on a spoke road system, all the roads go in a circle and many of them end up converging together at some point nearer to the river, makes me CRAZY and gets me lost! My girlfriend Patty got us a Tom Tom for a wedding/Christmas present and it has saved me several times already.

My body has really been misbehaving this past week with all of this cold weather. The nerve pain is firing all over and the squeezing around the chest is at an all time high. Really gets me down and makes me wonder when I am ever going to feel consistently better. Seems like any little thing will trip off the squeezing anymore, coffee, too much sugar, breathing, walking too much and on and on...........But then I think of how much better I am than I was and I give myself a little scolding for being down on myself.......

Making chili today for dinner so I'd best get to the store and get it going. I made some really yummy bread sticks yesterday, the fat chewy kind. I melted garlic butter on them as they baked and they were VERY good if I do say so, ha!

Take care y'all, if I don't post this weekend have a great one and STAY WARM!!

Love Di

3 comments:

  1. Sounds as though Louisville is built similar to Washington DC—all roads lead to the Capitol. I drove in DC many years ago and I could swear it had at least 10 Capitol buildings!

    On your nerve pain have you tried Elavil (amitriptyline)? It is an antidepressant which works for nerve pain. It has really made a huge difference for me.

    And last, (long comment) check out purchasing a small spa—warmth just a step away. My spa is my life saver! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like a newly married person for sure missing your new man. I hate to hear about the nerve pain and all...is it better when warm weather is here? Have a wonderful weekend if we don't hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute picture of Jake. Good luck driving around a new city. I'm sure it's going to take you awhile to get use to it. I always love exploring when we moved to a new area. I'd get a map and just drive around. Sorry your having problems with your nerve pain. Didn't Nerountin help you with that? I know you said you didn't want to go back on that, but I don't know why. I take it and have no problem with it. It helps me. I've been taking it for quite a few years now. Have a great weekend. Have fun with Jake!

    ReplyDelete