Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What a weekend - I am exhausted!!


Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. We had Jake from Sat. afternoon till last night. We had a lot of fun but boy oh boy am I exhausted! We had a little bit of snow on Sunday so Tony took Jake around the yard in this funky sled. He loved it.
He pulled some fast ones on us a few times. Sunday he took all of the batteries out of the collection of remotes and hid them. Tony was searching under his bed for them in the guest room when Jake turned off the light and closed the door on him! We found the batteries later when I was changing his diaper, in his PJs, he had one of those one piece zippered up PJs. WHAT A KID!! We love him to death but it might be a month or so before we have him again for the weekend. lol! It might take me that long to recover!
Today is Scott's birthday, he is 15. We are having Tony's Mother over for a birthday dinner with both of the boys. It should be fun and it will be good to see his Mother, we haven't seen her in a couple of weeks. Scott requested pork tenderloin with veggies and salad for dinner so Ive got the tenderloin in the crock pot cooking away. We will have key lime pie and chocolate cake too as choices for dessert.
This cold weather has me pretty much in the house all of the time. I went to get groceries and have my hair colored this am but now I will be in for the rest of the day. My joints just can't take these temps, I'm getting old and movin slowly!!
You all have a great afternoon and evening,
Hugs all around,
Di

2 comments:

  1. I bet Jake did wear you out. I could never last for a whole weekend with a little one that age. More power to you. Happy Birthday to Scott. Your dinner sounds great. I haven't been out in this cold weather either. I'm waiting for it to get a bit warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you get zingers when you exhaust yourself like that?
    I agree with Judy, I couldn't keep up with one the age of Jake. It sounds like he's at least one step ahead of the adults, too. But, what a cutie! And you must have seen humor in the battery episode. Enjoy your rest! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete