Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Doing things to keep busy

These wrist warmers are almost done, this one is finished and the other one is a few rows from being done. Of course when I finish them the weather will be warm and toasty and I won't need them until next year!

Scott came over tonight for dinner and to watch the Louisville BB game with his Dad. I made dinner, cleaned up the dishes and then headed out for a new Al-Anon meeting. It turned out to be a great group, all were very friendly and had an awesome topic. It amazes me at what God puts in front of me when I ask Him for His help and guidance. These things these folks share are the very things I need to hear. Several ladies talked to me personally and had ideas of other day time meetings that I might like in my area. This city is very friendly, not something I always found to be true of the Northern KY/Cinci area, people are more reserved and to themselves up there.

I called my sissy Deb on the way home and told her of Derek's events these past few days. She has gone to Al-Anon for years and she is always very good at listening and giving the advice I need to hear. I am doing what I can do for him and now I need to make sure to take care of myself, he will be my undoing if I don't . She is an awesome sister!

Nite all, have to get to bed. Tony is playing soccer at a 10 p.m. game tonight so I didn't get to see him.

Peace and joy!
Di

2 comments:

  1. Wrist warmers look nice. I'm glad you are taking care of yourself and I'm glad you are talking to your Sis and have people you can talk to. Hugs. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is important to take care of yourself. I think with disabilities like we have it is more important than for others. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete